As well as the horse-focused activities, we offer a wider experience of Cotswold life. We like gardens: there are innumerable, magical, fascinating ones to visit - and this often involves tea and cake. There are craftspeople in town who offer tuition in many skills. Walking in the subtle Cotswold landscape is delightful at any time of the year. The prehistoric sites of Avebury and Silbury Hill are close to a good hacking stable. There are theatres in town and in Cheltenham. The acoustic in the Parish Church is good for choral and orchestral music.
As some examples:
- One day you might ride to an ancient pub for lunch and on the next visit Stonehenge.
- You might spend three days at a Horse Trials and the fourth visiting the university city of Oxford.
- You might have a morning hack then visit the site of a Roman Villa before popping into a tack shop on the way back to dinner in town.
- You might go to Cheltenham races in the day and the theatre in the evening.
- You might have a lesson with an international dressage coach and then go on to Evensong in the medieval splendour of Gloucester Cathedral.
Cotswold Horse Tours are here to help you fulfill some ambitions. Contact us to discuss your ideas.