- The season runs most of the year
- Driving takes place across the UK, with an annual round of shows and competitions, up to international level. It is predominantly an amateur sport and, as a discipline, it maintains a wilfully low profile.
- Many shows have driving classes. Scurry racing, using our fantastic native pony breeds, is fast and furious and very popular with audiences. The ‘trade turnout’ classes are some of the most interesting, where impeccably restored trade vehicles are driven to appropriate ponies by people in vintage dress. Cotswold Horse Tours can arrange a half or a full day visit to a country show. Package to include entry, programme and the assistance of a friendly guide.
- Cotswold Horse Tours can arrange a relaxing carriage ride through the picturesque countryside to a village pub lunch. The experience usually includes driving along the Fosse Way, an ancient Roman road, through the River Avon (when possible) and taking quiet lanes to a quintessential Cotswold pub and then afterwards returning to the start.
- We can organise tuition in driving from two hour tasters, or half days (3.5hrs) up to full days, in the fields with lovely cobs.
Want to know more?
Discuss your ideas with us.